Why choose a bevel bit for your horse?
Bevel bits allow mild leverage and offer a little more control, promoting responsive and correct head carriage. The double jointed, durable rubber mouth piece with copper lozenge offers a higher level of comfort in the horse's mouth. Copper lozenges help to distribute pressure over both the tongue and bars of the mouth, encouraging mouthing and contact. It also helps to prevent pinching of the lips and around the bars of the mouth whilst reducing the nutcracker action of a single jointed bit. Ideal for horses that need a touch more braking power but are perhaps sensitive in the mouth.
Rubber Bevel Bit: Key features...
- Loose ring bit with fixed rein positions
- Double jointed, durable rubber mouthpiece with copper lozenge
- Two leverage options - attach reins to middle ring for a mild action or to the fixed point at the bottom for more leverage
- Bit rings are larger on the 5" & 5.5" so that the bit remains in proportion with the horses head
- Not dressage legal
- Bit strength: Intermediate
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows...
5.5" - A=15mm & B=65mm
Rubber Horse Bits...
Rubber covered bits generally have thicker mouthpieces making them softer and ideal for horses with sensitive mouths or those who do not like metal bits. Our rubber bits have been heat treated to make them smooth to the touch and more durable. May not be suitable for horses with small mouths or a large tongue due to the thicker mouthpiece.